The Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutics provides clinical services in diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology, ultrasound, vascular laboratory, cross sectional imaging (CT scan and magnetic resonance imaging) and radiation oncology. The services provided in our Hospital are unique centers of excellence.
- Digital X-Ray Machines
- Sonography & Color Doppler Machines
- 16 slice Spiral CT Scanner
- Radiation Therapy Machine
- Cath Lab Machine
- Dialysis Machine
Digital X-Ray Machines
- Allengers X-ray 500mA
- Allengers X-ray 300mA
During a radiographic procedure, an x-ray beam is passed through the body. The modern radiograph is usually a computerized image. It is the state of the art technique to look for community acquired pneumonia and congestive heart failure. Fractures and arthritis are commonly well imaged by radiography.
When the X-ray beam is used with a video screen, the technique is called fluoroscopy. This allows physicians to visualize the movement of a body part or of an instrument or dye (contrast agent) through the body in real time.Fluoroscopy studies such as the upper gastrointestinal series are popular to evaluate patients with suspected gastroesophageal reflux and other problems such as swallowing difficulty.
- Machine On/OFF switch
- Digital Display of parameters
- Parameter increase/decrease switches
- Ready and X-Ray ON switch with indicators
- Bucky selection switch
- Self diagnostic program with indicators for earth fault interlock, KV interlock, filament interlock and tubes thermal interlock
- A dual action hand switch with retractable cord for radiation protection of operator
How to prepare for an X-ray:
Don’t wear any loose jewelry or metal around the area of concern. No fasting required.
The OPG at Indus has Scan selectable PAN projections. The APR for selection of exposure parameters for adult and child along with TMJ scans.
Other features are
- Frontal maxillary sinus scan
- Center and canine laser centering device
- Flat cassette system
- Interactive messages to guide the user
- Fully micro controller based system
Siemens 16-Slice CT scanner Somatom Emotion.
Innovative dose-saving features such as IRIS, CARE Dose4D and DoseMAP, combine the best possible image quality at the lowest possible dose. Simply fabulous. CT is performed using a specialized scanner, an x-ray system, a patient table, and a computer workstation. Using specialized equipment and expertise to create and interpret CT scans of the body, radiologists can more easily diagnose problems such as cancers, cardiovascular disease, infectious disease, appendicitis, trauma and musculoskeletal disorders.CT is commonly used to detect tumors and monitor treatment response.
- High Efficiency and High Quality Care
- Leading image quality and leading dose technology
CT angiography on new state of the art scanners is able to show the coronary arteries without ever placing a catheter in the arteries! CT can be used to create internal endoscopic views of the colon & lungs.
How do you prepare for a CT exam?
You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your exam. You may be given a gown to wear during the procedure.
- Metal objects, including jewelry, eyeglasses, dentures and hairpins, may affect the CT images and should be left at home or removed prior to your exam. You may also be asked to remove hearing aids and removable dental work. Women will be asked to remove bras containing metal underwire. You may be asked to remove any piercings, if possible.
- You will be asked not to eat or drink anything for a few hours beforehand, as contrast material will be used in your exam.
- You should inform your physician of all medications you are taking and if you have any allergies. If you have a known allergy to contrast material, or “dye,” your doctor may prescribe medications (usually a steroid) to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction. These medications generally need to be taken 12 hours prior to administration of contrast material.
- Also inform your doctor of any recent illnesses or other medical conditions and whether you have a history of heart disease, asthma, diabetes, kidney disease or thyroid problems. Any of these conditions may increase the risk of an unusual adverse effect.
- Women should always inform their physician and the CT technologist if there is any possibility that they may be pregnant.
- CT Questionnaire
- Radiation Exposure Consent Form
- GE Logic 5 & 3 Ultrasound Machine.
- GE-Voluson P8 Ultrasound Machine.
- Trivitron Aloka Ultrasound Machine.
Ultrasound can also be referred to as sonography, it uses sound waves to develop images of the internal organs. Ultrasound can be used for visualizing body structures including tendons, muscles, joints, internal organs and pregnancy. These real time images are reviewed by our Radiologist and a report is generated within 24 hours.There is no radiation dose associated with the ultrasound scan. We have 3D&4D- images are also available.
Please see below for special instructions on specific ultrasound studies:
- BPP (Biophysical Profile) Ultrasound Exams: This exam determines the health of your fetus, checking movement, muscle tone, breathing rate, heart rate, and amniotic fluid. Drink or eat something sweet (sugar) an hour before the exam, unless otherwise stated by your doctor.
- Gallbladder and abdominal Ultrasound Exams: Do not drink or eat 6 hours before the study.
- Obstetrical Ultrasound Exams: Pregnancies 8 to 25 weeks please drink 16 ounces of water an hour before the exam, do not empty bladder until study is completed. Pregnancies 26 weeks or more, no special prep.
- Pelvic Ultrasound Exams Drink 32 ounces of water an hour before your exam, do not empty bladder until study is completed, no fasting required.
- Renal and Bladder Ultrasound Exams: Drink water, full bladder needed for study.
Radiation Therapy Machine
Siemens Primus M Medical Linear Accelerator
The PRIMUSlinear accelerator can be used for different treatment approaches, including 3D-Conformal radiation therapy, Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT). This gives your radiation oncologist the opportunity to tailor your treatment and choose the method that is best for your particular case.
This system is made for high-precision radiation therapy and uses multiple imaging modalities. It is ideally suited for Image-Guided Radiation Therapy or IGRT to improve targeting of the radiation beam and reduce risk to nearby tissue. The system gives your doctor the opportunity to tailor your treatment and choose the radiation therapy modality that is best for your particular case.
Siemens linear accelerators provide a precisely sculpted 3D radiation dose as they rotate 360º around you. Many of these systems can continuously monitor the movement of your tumor as you breathe (“respiratory gating”) and only deliver radiation when the tumor is in exactly the right place. This allows for a higher, more effective dosage amount without additional risk of side effects, including damage to normal, surrounding tissues.
Allengers Altima (100 KV) Cath Lab Machine:
Allengers- Altima uses state-of-the-art digital Technology for superb performance, improved reliability, ease of use to meet the expectations of Cardiologists to give a single solution for Cardiac and Vascular imaging.
Modular generator, fully motorized movements, non contact proximal sensor based anti collision and preview collimation device, pre-programmable positions, SID variation, accelerated movements, Detector / Image intensifier.
- Direct Digital Image Formation
- Distortion Free uniform image
- 1K X 1K or higher resolution
- RADshield for radiation protection
Philips Envisor CHD
The Philips Envisor CHD ECHO has Tissue Harmonic Imaging (THI) which helps to dramatically reduce artifacts, haze and clutter. Its Intelligent Doppler automatically adjusts the system to a specified scanning angle to produce consistent and accurate measurements while allowing users to achieve any angle needed to perform a study. Also the panoramic Imaging allows for more complete displays of vasculature, musculature, enlarged organs and large abdominal masses, and more natural ways to view anatomical structures and relationships.
BRAIN VIEW PLUS (24 Channel EEG)
The EEG does simultaneous data acquisition and analysis of same patient along with Brain mapping .
During the test, small sensors are attached to the scalp to pick up the electrical signals produced when brain cells send messages to each other. These signals are recorded by a machine and are looked at by a doctor later to see if they're unusual.
Preparing for an EEG
Unless told otherwise, you can usually eat and drink beforehand and continue to take all your normal medication.
To help the sensors stick to your scalp more easily, you should make sure your hair is clean and dry before arriving for your appointment and avoid using products such as hair gel and wax.
You might want to bring a hairbrush or comb with you as your hair may be a bit messy when the test is finished. Some people bring a hat to cover their hair until they can wash it at home afterwards.
Fresenius Dialysis Machine
B-Braun Dialysis Machine
At Indus we have innovative and efficient treatment and therapy systems for chronic dialysis patients. The machine does monitoring of dialysis dose by OCM® (Online clearance monitoring and plasma sodium measurement) and Treatment with ultrapure dialysis fluid . It uses hygienic, dry bicarbonate concentrate
Key features are
- Cable free machine data transfer improves reliability of data capture
- Integrated dialysate sample porton dialysate line
- Optional single needle therapy
- Easy software upgrades through integrated USB ports